Using techniques perfected in the old Qartan Empire, Alchemists brew potions, poisons, and antidotes based on scientific principles. They can produce a variety of effects, ranging from healing to magical abilities.
Most Alchemists are successful merchants, many running small apothecaries to vend their wares.
Common Co-Classes: Charlatan, Chirurgeon, Mechanician, Visionary, Witch
Alchemist Class Traits
Skill Competency: Education, Magicks, Medicine
Specialties: Education (Science), Interaction (Negotiate), Magicks (Brew), Medicine (Treat, Poison), Observation (Deduce)
Weapon Prowess: Knife (D6)
Armor Prowess: None
Social Rank: Artisan (D8)
Bonus Gear: Crafter Outfit (Artisan's Beret, Smock, Craftsman's Gloves, Breeches, Buckled Shoes), Alchemical Supplies (8), Poison Antidote (2), Artisan Tools
Special: During character creation, spend Alchemical Supplies to create draughts.
Maximize Science: Spend 1 Style Point to set the value of one Science die to its maximum value before rolling.
Maximize Poison: Spend 1 Style Point to set the value of one Poison die to its maximum value before rolling.
Reroll Magicks: Spend 1 Style Point to reroll a Magicks roll.
Reroll Interaction: Spend 1 Style Point to reroll an Interaction roll.
Add Science to Brew: When working in a well-equipped laboratory, spend 1 Style Point to add Science dice to a Brew roll.
Add Brew to Poison: When neutralizing a poison, spend 1 Style Point to add Brew dice to a Poison roll.
|Skills and Specialties|
- Clockworks (Activate, Repair, Invent)
- Defense (Parry, Block, Dodge)
- Dueling (Lunge, Riposte, Feint)
- Education (Arts, Society, Science)
- Initiative (Impulse, Vigilance, Timing)
- Interaction (Inspire, Negotiate, Deceive)
- Magicks (Weave, Brew, Portents)
- Medicine (Surgery, Treat, Poison)
- Military (Brawl, Aim, Strategy)
- Nature (Explore, Husbandry, Prowl)
- Observation (Perceive, Intuition, Deduce)
- Streetwise (Banter, Carouse, Conspire)